Monday, November 10, 2014
Reflection on Trip to Museum
This trip was a very fun and interesting experience for me. Although I had known about some of the famous activists such as Martin Luther KIng Jr, however, I haven’t really given the topic much thought. When I went on this trip I realized the types of social issues that are faced in our society and realized the extent people will go in order to get their rights. For example, for female suffrage, women stood outside and walked with sashes which was unusual in those days because women would stay home to clean. Another example is when the bicycle clowns tried to prove their point about people parking their cars in the bicycle lane.
Going on this trip also made me aware of the issues that were in our past as well as some that are still going on. These include bicycle lanes and gay rights. I realized that since our community is so diverse, there are so many issues we run into. The issues are also varied. We probably won’t solve all of these issues right away, and I know that these issues will probably never stop coming up. However, I wonder if we will be able to solve the issues we have now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment